What you need to know to make an appointment at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center
To request a first-time appointment with the cancer center, please call 800-865-1125 (Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm EST). Please note that in many cases, our clinics require medical information from your primary care physician, or the medical specialist(s) currently overseeing your care, before making an appointment.
The Request for Outside Records - Patient Information from Another Organization form is available to help you get the process started.
We can also help answer any questions you may have about:
- Treatment options
- Information about our doctors and other care providers
- Assistance in arranging appointments
- Clinical research trials
- Services for family members and other loved ones
- Support services
Michigan Medicine Patients
If you have signed up for an account on the MyUofMHealth.org patient portal, you can manage and request appointments with your U-M physician online. Under the “Appointments” tab on MyUofMHealth.org, you can view upcoming or past appointments, cancel appointments up to 24 hours before your schedule time, and request a new appointment. For more information, visit our Scheduling Appointments Online page.
For Physicians Referring Patients
Please contact our M-LINE service: 800-962-3555.
Insurance and Billing
Michigan Medicine accepts most insurance plans including managed care plans. For more information about insurance coverage, visit our Insurance page. For questions about billing, visit our Billing and Financial Assistance page or call 855-855-0863 (local: 734-615-0863).
Helpful ResourcesThis can be an anxious time. The following links are to programs which may be able to help:
- Fertility Counseling
- Financial Services
- Patient Billing
- Michigan Surgical & Health Optimization Program (MSHOP)
- Symptom Management & Supportive Care Program
- PsychOncology Program
- Insurance / List of Participating Insurance Plans
- Request for Outside Records - Patient Information from Another Organization [pdf]
- Michigan Medicines's Guest Assistance Program
- Overnight Accommodations