Lung Cancer Clinic
The Multidisciplinary Lung Cancer Clinic evaluates and treats patients with known or suspected lung tumors and severe emphysema and a weekly multidisciplinary tumor board reviews each patient. Request an appointment or contact us at 734-647-8902.
In addition to the latest treatment options for lung cancer patients, a variety of clinical trials are also available, ranging from chemoprevention studies to the evaluation of state-of-the-art investigational therapies. Our team’s expertise with emerging technologies including photodynamic therapy and thoracoscopy allows for less invasive options in the diagnosis and care of patients with thoracic cancers.
Our services include:
- Advanced diagnostics
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Robotic bronchoscopy
- Ultrasound-guided transbronchial/transesophageal biopsy
- Specialized Therapies
- Minimally-invasive esophagectomy (laparoscopic and robotic)
- Complex lung resection, including segmentectomy and sleeve lobectomy
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic (VATS) lobectomy
- Robotic-assisted (DaVinci) lobectomy
- Esophageal and airway stenting
- Transhiatal esophagectomy
- Placement of indwelling pleural drainage catheters
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) for certain cases of esophageal dysplasia or palliation of unresectable esophageal cancers
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) including RapidArc volumetric arc therapy (VMAT)
- SDX voluntary breath hold system for managing tumor motion during treatment
- Stereotactic radiation
- Brachytherapy for esophageal and lung cancers
- Innovative care models
- Groundbreaking research
- Clinical trials
- Expertise in interpretation and application of molecular diagnostic studies
Make an Appointment
Patients: please visit our Appointment Request web page. If you have a MyUofMHealth.org account, you can log in to view upcoming or past appointments, cancel appointments up to 24 hours before your schedule time, and request a new appointment.
Healthcare professionals:, please contact our M-LINE service: 800-962-3555.
For more information, contact 734-647-8902.
Helpful ResourcesThis can be an anxious time. The following links are to programs which may be able to help:
- Fertility Counseling
- Financial Services
- Guest Assistance Program
- Michigan Surgical & Health Optimization Program (MSHOP)
- Insurance / List of Participating Insurance Plans
- Patient Billing
- Patient Navigators
- PsychOncology Program
- Request for Outside Records - Patient Information from Another Organization [pdf]
- Symptom Management & Supportive Care Program
- Overnight Accommodations
Still have questions?
The nurses at Cancer AnswerLine™ have answers. Call 800-865-1125 and you'll get a personal response from one of our registered nurses, who have years of experience in caring for people with cancer.