Why Give to the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center?
More than 1.7 million people are diagnosed with cancer each year in the United States, and approximately 600,000 die from the disease -- numbers that are growing. Experts predict that by 2030, cancer will be the No. 1 cause of death in our country.
At U-M, we are dedicated to making a major difference through innovation and teamwork, and we are optimistic about the future. As an academic medical center, we are focused on the intersections of patient care, education, research, and outreach.
The Rogel Cancer Center unites faculty from 53 departments across nine U-M schools and colleges, leveraging major university-wide investments in the biosciences, precision medicine, and big data. We’ve made discoveries that have changed the thinking across the nation and around the world. Building on that history, the Rogel Cancer Center today is a catalyst for progress and hope.
Our vision includes:
- The transformation of the patient experience, including seamlessly incorporating cutting-edge clinical research and precision treatments into the patient setting
- A major new initiative in cancer immunology that will lead to new understanding of how the immune system sees and responds to cancers from the start
- Higher risk and higher payoff investments in research to advance knowledge across all cancers
- Breakthroughs in drug discovery, especially for cancers stubbornly resistant to current therapies
- A heightened focus on cancer prevention, risk management, and policy
- Unprecedented support for learners and early career faculty seeking to devote their lives to cancer care and research
Collaboration U + You
This is the ultimate team endeavor. We are eager to hear about your goals for the future of cancer care and to discuss how our partnership can benefit patients and families.
As U-M enters its third century of serving the public good, we are on a path that will bring the full force of our university to bear on cancer -- and propel a national cancer center to its pinnacle.
TOGETHER, we will improve cancer prevention, care, and survivorship in Michigan, the nation, and the world.
If you would like to make a donation by phone or speak with someone about making a difference in cancer research, please contact our development office at 734-998-7705.