UMSkinCheck is a free mobile application intended for skin cancer self-exam and surveillance
UMSkinCheck is free mobile application (available for Apple and Android) intended for skin cancer self exam and surveillance that allows users to complete and store a full body photographic library, track detected moles/lesions, download informational videos and literature and locate a skin cancer specialist.
A skin cancer self exam is used to identify suspicious moles or lesions that may be cancer or growths that may develop into skin cancer (precancers). Individuals who are at a high risk of skin cancer are encouraged to perform frequent skin self exams and to have full body photographic surveys taken by professional photographers. Now with UMSkinCheck patients will be able to complete a full skin cancer self exam and survey, track and create a history of moles and lesions all through a handheld mobile device.
The UMSkinCheck mobile app features
- Guidance on performing a skin cancer self exam and full body photographic survey
- Tracking detected skin lesions and moles for changes over time
- Notifications/reminders to perform self exams on a routine basis
- Storage of photos for baseline comparisons during routine follow-up self exams
- Informational videos and literature on skin cancer prevention, healthy skin as well as a skin cancer risk calculator function
- Free download from iTunes
- Version # - 1.1
- Requirements - iPhone 3 or higher, iPad 2 or higher, iPod Touch 4th generation or higher, iOS version 4.0 or higher
- Free download for Android from Google Play.
- For App Support: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions for UMSkinCheck
Q. Will the app be available for download world-wide?
A. Yes, the next release of the app should be downloadable world wide and not just in the US & Canada.
Q. How secure are the photographs that I take using UMSkinCheck?
A. The photographs are stored in a private data area that only the app can access - they are NOT stored in the general photo gallery on the device. In addition, there is a password feature that can be enabled from the Settings tab which password protects access to the app itself.