Transgenic Animal Models
Established Transgenic Technology
- Provides deep expertise and specialized equipment
- Training courses in CRISPR/Cas9-ES Cell and Microinjection
- Guaranteed production of transgenic founders
- Unique mouse strains produced from ES cells
- Production services that include:
- Novel transgenic mice/rats
- CRISPR/Cas9 mice/rat knockouts
- Gene targeted mice with ES cells
- Non-standard genetic backgrounds
- BAC Recombineering
- Free consultation services to Rogel Cancer Center members
Long established as a significant shared resource for cancer investigators, research efforts at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center are supported by the team of transgenic animal model specialists who are able to provide complex technology solutions. Working in collaboration with the Bacterial Artificial Chromosome Recombineering Core, we provide effective tools for successful research. In addition, our collaborative approach allows researchers to use transgenic shared resource laboratory space and work side-by-side with staff members.
Efficient and Effective Operations
The Transgenic Animal Models team works with investigators to generate genetically modified animal models to increase our understanding of human diseases.
Laboratory Protocols and Sample Submission Instructions
For the most efficient and effective processing of transgenic animal models for research, our team at the Transgenic Animal Models Shared Resource provides helpful information such as laboratory protocols, sample submission instructions, forms and commonly asked questions.
For more information about transgenic animal models through Shared Resources at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center, contact our team leadership:
Director: Thom Saunders, Ph.D.
Manager: Elizabeth Hughes, M.S.
Location: 2570 MSRB II