Pharmacokinetics Team Helps Advance Discovery
- Access to state-of-the-art instrumentation for bioanalysis and MS imaging operated by highly-trained technicians
- Support for drug metabolism and PK of 2600 compounds for drug discovery and development since inception
- Six patents and $15M in grant funding from joint grant applications with Rogel Cancer Center members
- Free consultation for Rogel Cancer Center members
If you have questions about pharmacokinetics services through Shared Resources at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center or need assistance with research efforts, please contact our team:
Director: Duxin Sun, Ph.D.
Location: NCRC, Bldg 520, 3400
Or view more information on our Pharmacokinetics website.
The mission of the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center's Pharmacokinetics Shared Resource is to facilitate both preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic-based cancer research efforts through a range of services to help advance discovery:
- Discover new medicines
- Obtain research funding
- File patent applications
- Publish academic research findings
Our pharmacokinetics team studies molecular ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion) and pharmacokinetics of drugs with three objectives:
- To support preclinical pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism and LC-MS analysis for lead compound selection and dose optimization in anticancer drug discovery and development
- To support clinical pharmacokinetics (Non-GLP), LC-MS analysis and dose optimization for clinical trials of anticancer drugs
- To enhance joint grant applications, joint publications and joint patent applications with Rogel Cancer Center members in pharmacokinetic (PK) studies
Support Services Enhance Pharmacokinetics Research Efforts
Through either a collaborative partnership for grant proposals or a consultative approach for any pharmacokinetics needs, our team provides extensive experience and technical expertise in a range of areas:
- Bioanalysis: For both small and larger protein molecules, tissue bioanalysis, biomarker measurement, formulation analysis and method development, we offer state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation to assess molecules or compounds.
- Lead Optimization: Our team supports microsomal stability, metabolite identification, reaction phenotyping, CYP enzyme induction, protein binding and blood/plasma ratio.
- Pre-Clinical Studies: We understand the pharmacodynamics of your compound, and will work with in vivo screening, in vivo PK, oral bioavailability, biodistribution, max tolerated dose and tumor model.
- Clinical Studies: With each step from study development to data analysis to modeling and simulation to precision medicine, our team supports all areas of pharmacokinetics research and discovery.