The University of Michigan is committed to the thoughtful and compassionate combination of complementary therapies and conventional medicine through the activities of research, education, clinical services and community partnerships.
At the Integrative Family Medicine at Briarwood Family Medicine patients may receive the following services:
- Health care throughout your life span, including newborn, obstetric, gynecologic and elder care
- Using an integrative approach to your medical care
- A team of family physicians with advanced training in holistic medicine, anthroposophic medicine, and acupuncture
- Encouraging active participation in diagnostic and treatment decisions
- Emphasizing care for the whole person considering mind, body, spirit and emotions
The Integrative Family Medicine Program also investigates the use of complementary alternative medicine therapies in the prevention, management and treatment of conditions such as cancer. Alternative therapies investigated include:
Lifestyle change programs that include stress reduction and respite in nature are also actively researched.
To make an appointment, please call 734-998-7390.
Learn more about alternative and complementary medicine at the University of Michigan:
- Integrative Oncology and Alternative Medicine
- Complementary Therapy at the U-M Rogel Cancer Center
- Music Therapy Audio Library
- Complementary Therapies Program Video Library