Radiation Oncology Network
The Radiation Oncology Network is a group of seven centers partnering with the University of Michigan to provide radiation therapy in Alpena, Ann Arbor, Jackson, Lansing, Novi, Southfield and Wyoming (Grand Rapids area).
Having locations statewide enables us to bring breakthrough cancer treatments to patients as conveniently as possible – minimizing the time and discomfort commonly associated with traveling long distances for care.
How you benefit from the partnership
- All centers use the same sophisticated software developed by U-M to facilitate treatments that impact the tumor while sparing surrounding normal tissues.
- The Network offers: CT simulators and Varian linear accelerators; innovative, cutting-edge technologies such as on-board imaging, daily patient positioning and active breathing control; the most current clinical protocols in radiotherapy; and a qualified and compassionate staff of board-certified radiation oncologists, nurses, radiation therapists and dosimetrists.
- We work together even when miles apart by using state-of-the-art telemedicine and teleconferencing tools to evaluate a patient at one partner center and perform radiation treatment planning at a different center.
- Each center is co-managed by the U-M and staffed by U-M physicians.
We treat patients with brain, head and neck, breast, lung, liver, pancreatic and prostate cancers using the following therapies:
- Adult and pediatric radiation oncology
- External beam radiation, including intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Prostate seed implants
- Stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy
- High-dose rate (HDR) and low-dose rate (LDR) brachytherapy
- Clinical trials, including institutional and cooperative group studies
Make an Appointment:
Mid-Michigan Health Alpena Cancer Center: call 989-356-7353 or 888-356-7151
Lacks Cancer Center (Grand Rapids): call 877-522-5764
Metro Health, Michigan Medicine (Wyoming): call 616-252-8180
Providence Assarian Cancer Center (Novi): call 248-465-4300
Providence Cancer Center (Southfield): call 248-849-3321
Michigan Medicine (Ann Arbor): call 734-936-4320