Sumana Devata MD
Dr. Devata earned her BA in Biology and Business Administration from Boston University College of Arts and Sciences, and her MD from Loyola University in Illinois. Dr. Devata completed her internship and residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin, where she also served as chief resident. She then completed her Hematology-Oncology fellowship here at the University of Michigan.
She has been competitively selected as a participant in several programs including the Hemostasis & Thrombosis Research Society’s Hematology Fellows Consortium, ASH Clinical Research Training Institute Workshop and the ASCO/AACR Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop. Dr. Devata has also authored a number of publications, book chapters and abstracts. She is interested in the development of therapeutic treatment for lymphoma, and sees lymphoma patients at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center, and hematology patients at the VA.
- Loyola University of Chicago - Stritch School of Medicine, 2008
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Internal Medicine, WI, 2011
- Internal Medicine Hematology Oncology, University of Michigan Health System, 2015
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society
- Michigan Society of Hematology and Oncology
- Society of Hematologic Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Internal Medicine
Dr. Devata is interested in the development of therapeutic treatments for lymphoma.